Have you been dreaming of taking part in an international exchange ever since you were in college? Are you wondering whether you can make that dream come true by completing your studies in civil law at the University of Ottawa’s Faculty of Law? The answer is yes!
The Faculty of Law, Civil Law Section, strongly encourages its students to take part in an international exchange during their studies. The Civil Law Section does everything it can to make students aware of this unique opportunity to broaden their studies at a partner faculty of law in another country; studies completed through international exchanges are fully recognized as part of the LLL or another law program being completed.
Since the Civil Law Section wants its students to be well prepared for this international experience, in cooperation with the International Office of the University of Ottawa, it organizes two information sessions, one in the fall and one in the winter. Attending one of the information sessions is compulsory for all Civil Law Section students who want to take part in an international exchange.
The 2017 winter term information session takes place on:
Tuesday, January 17 from 11:30 to 1 pm in Fauteux Hall, Room 147.
Students have to pre-register on-line by clicking on "Registration Form" which appears under the date of the session. You will be asked to sign in at the session. The Section must ensure that students receive all the same information. If you are unable to attend a session organized by the Civil Law Section, you may attend a general session organized by the International Office. Please consult their timetable.
At the information session, we:
• describe the participation criteria;
• recommend destinations that suit your aspirations;
• present course equivalences established with partner faculties of law;
• remind you how important it is to pay attention to your course of studies so that you complete the number of credits required for your diploma;
• help you understand the course load for which you will need to register during your international exchange;
• review the events that normally take place during the winter term and that you will be unable to attend if you are abroad; and
• answer questions you may have (Civil Law Section administrative staff will attend).
Can’t wait for the information session? Want to talk about your dream right now? Please read this section of the site to acquaint yourself with the process, and then contact the manager of International and Community Relations by email or telephone to make an appointment. She will be happy to help you plan and carry out this significant student experience project.
For more information, contact:
Line C. Bissonnette, M.A.
Manager, International and Community Relations
Faculty of Law, Civil Law Section
University of Ottawa
57 Louis Pasteur Street, Room 209
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5
Tel.: 613-562-5800, ext. 1736