The Canadian workforce is changing. We are seeing important demographic trends in this country that will require innovative interventions, to enable a healthy and productive workforce now and in the decades to come.
- Women and men have different work and health needs due to differences in biology and social circumstances.
- More and more workers are balancing family caregiving responsibilities with paid work.
- Our workforce is aging. We are working longer and retiring later and there is a growing prevalence of people with chronic conditions in the workforce.
- An increasing number of workers are living and working with physical and mental health conditions.
- People with disabilities are underemployed compared to the rest of the population – a loss of a significant pool of talent.